It is back by popular demand! We received so much positive feedback about our podcast, Serve from your Sofa, that we just had to create a second series.
We know a lot has changed from the first series of Serve from your Sofa. We have more freedoms and restrictions have eased significantly. However, we still want to encourage you to enable change in the lives of leprosy affected people from the comfort of your home. This first episode discusses how you can make a real difference to enabling leprosy research.
If we are to make leprosy a thing of the past and achieve zero leprosy transmission by 2035, supporting the area of research is key. Over the past year with Covid, we have seen how research has created real change and enabled breakthroughs in vaccines and treatment. The same needs to happen with leprosy and you can make it happen!
Listen to episode one where I interview Jannine Ebenso from TLM International. Use the following links.
Please share this podcast with others, so as many people as possible can hear how they can help end leprosy once and for all.
Prayer points for September
- Pray for the new members of our team. Stephen is our new Communications Officer (Digital) and Pam is our new Programme Funding Officer. Pray for them as they settle into their new roles.
- Pray for our Summer appeal which focuses on the stigma and discrimination experienced by many leprosy affected in our world today. Pray people would give generously as the need on the field continues to grow with the impact of Covid. You can still give online. CLICK HERE.
- Pray for our teams in Myanmar, Mozambique and DRC as conflict and unrest not only impacts their work but also their personal lives and family. Pray for protection and for God’s comfort and peace to be with them in these uncertain and challenging circumstances.
- Pray for our team in Timor Leste as Covid cases surge and many go into isolation. Pray for their health and for the added pressure this adds to the services they provide.
- Pray for Dr Premal Das as he takes on the role of Interim Executive Director at The Leprosy Mission Trust India. Pray for wisdom and guidance in this role and for Dr Mary Verghese who has had to stand down as Executive Director due to ill health following a serious Covid-19 infection. Pray for her recovery.
- Pray for TLM Global Fellowship Country Leaders’ & Members’ meetings which will take place online from 20th – 24th September. Pray that technology would work and that the meetings would bring great encouragement, as we connect globally, and a renewed focus and determination as we review our progress towards Zero Leprosy transmission by 2035, Zero Leprosy Disability & Zero Leprosy Discrimination.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers.